China, Shanghai-Zhangjiang, Corporate Communications
Communications Manager, Asia Pacific
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
A brief description to state overall purpose, expectations and / or objectives of position.
- Primary focus of this role will be to execute a strong external and internal communications strategy for Henkel’s corporate reputation across 13 markets in Asia Pacific.
- Additional responsibilities include; reputation management, crisis communications, and timely delivery of consistent messaging across the region, reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, Asia Pacific.
- The role will support all public relations activities and campaigns in Asia Pacific as well as additional support and participation in global Corporate Communications initiatives as needed.
- This position will also assist in managing PR agencies/third-parties.
Focus on a bulleted list of three to five primary responsibilities and duties of the position including the key relationships the stakeholder is required to develop or interact with, or whether responsible for team management.
- Execute and implement external/internal communications plans that meet corporate objectives in the region.
- Ensure clear metrics are in place to evaluate communications efforts across the APAC region.
- Lead and coordinate with HQ and regional CC leads in the region for executive and employees’ engagement such as town hall meetings, communications printing materials and internal communications campaigns
- Manage third parties/agencies to develop content for leadership communications
- Corporate brand management and stewardship
Accountabilities (Time in %)
Use them to provide the details of the day-to-day work they'll be involved in. Think of it as painting a picture of their daily life at work. Describe the specific tasks are required on a daily basis by %, Be specific.
- Develop and implement external/internal communications plans that meet business objectives 15%
- Lead and coordinate with HQ and regional CC leads in the region for executive and employees’ engagement such as town hall meetings, communications printing materials and internal communications campaigns 30%
- Manage third parties/agencies to develop content for leadership communications 30%
- Corporate brand management and stewardship 10%
- Others 15%
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Skills and Experience Desired
- How much experience and what competency are needed? Describe what knowledge, skills and abilities are required to perform the daily tasks and job duties.
- An ideal candidate is one who has a professional work attitude, strong writing and communications skills in Chinese and English, project and time management ability, and approximately combined 6 to 8 years of both agency and in-house experience.
- The candidate shall be mature, analytical, independent and a strong team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.