China, Shanghai, Finance
Regional Treasury Manager
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Drive value creation in relation to liquidity, capital, risk management and banking needs across APAC, and to support the region’s business growth
- Drive forward Treasury activities according to Corporate Standards
- Coordinate and support the implementation of global/regional/local treasury initiatives, i.e. Sustainability/ESG projects, Treasury Digitalization, etc.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of global and regional treasury projects, i.e. process digitalization, Treasury ESG initiatives, M&A projects, etc.
- Ensure compliance of all regional Treasury activities with internal and external guidelines, procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintain a good Treasury infrastructure, process and operations to support growing business in APAC, including management of short-term funding and investments, FX risk, bank transaction risk, etc.
- Manage a strong and stable relationship with regulators and banking partners
- Assure FX spot and approved hedging activities are professionally executed
- Perform analysis to safeguard quality of Treasury reporting and support ad-hoc data analytical needs
- Provide Treasury expertise and act as a Treasury risk advisor for Business Units and Functional Teams to proactively help drive business priorities
- Coordinate with Shared Service Centers in Treasury and Bank Accounting related tasks to secure smooth delivery of services
INDIVIDUALLY TASKS (TIME IN %)
- Manage an efficient liquidity allocation and cashflow forecasting (10%)
- Master surplus cash investment in different products, i.e. money market fund, term deposit, 7-day call, etc. (10%)
- Perform treasury analysis on financial results, bank charges, hedge back-testing, direct debit and check payments, etc. (15%)
- Lead annual foreign exchange exposure collection and analysis of the region (10%)
- Coordinate dividend payment for China and track APAC dividend payment status (10%)
- Conduct monthly FX hedging activities (10%)
- Support/Steer the implementation of regional treasury projects (15%)
- Act as a focal point of contact for treasury topics to business units to proactively support business growth; Contribute treasury expertise to regional Finance and Controlling community (10%)
- Ensure the compliance with local regulatory and internal control requirements (5%)
- Review regular Treasury reports, ensure high quality in treasury reporting (5%)
- Academic education in Finance / Economics or a related discipline at minimum bachelor’s level, preferably supplemented with relevant education in Treasury Management
- 10 years or above work experience in Finance / Controlling area, with 5 years or above professional work experience in Treasury or Banking sector
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities and proven expertise in Treasury management
- Broad financial/economic know-how and experience across the APAC region, especially the financial markets, is highly preferred
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools. Digital expertise (i.e., Power BI, VBA, SAP scripting) is an advantage
- CFA, CTP is an advantage
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Regional responsibilities with a wide coverage of 13 countries/locations and 3 different BUs (including Manufacturing and FMCG); Strong collaboration with local Finance and Controlling team
- Henkel APAC Treasury keeps up with market trend/development and is committed in leading projects with strong value proposition on top of regular treasury topics, i.e. Sustainable Supplier Financing program (industry first in APAC), Treasury digital transformation (acknowledged by core bank as ‘Digital Treasury of the Year’), etc.
- Access to diverse personal skill trainings / future-proof learning portfolio / external banking seminars