China, Shanghai, Adhesive Technologies
Strategic Pricing Manager - Lifestyle Adhesives APAC
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The regional pricing manager the "owner of value" – from IB to negotiated price. Leading / supporting the SBU by developing and implementing regional pricing strategy framework, create business value via price opportunity identification and price intelligence establishment.
- Lead on-going pricing activities across product, sales, marketing, and finance and assess resource need for POM implementation
- Drive value capture by implementing regional price strategy and pricing processes
- Pro-actively provide expertise in price setting for regional products (e.g., consults in setting-up of a value calculator), and in price execution (e.g., consults in preparation of high impact pricing approvals)
- Develop internal and external communications related to pricing (e.g., price change communications)
- Help to design and execute pricing analyses (e.g., waterfall, scatterplots, raw-material impact) and report actual pricing vs. guidance into leadership team.
- Set aspirations/targets for execution organization (together with sales)
- Manage and train the Pricing organization and lead adoption of pricing tool
- Support build-up of competitive and market intelligence
- Align and coordinate with the SBU global pricing team
INDIVIDUALLY TASKS (TIME IN %)
- Develop regional pricing strategy framework & implementation (30%)
- Define & implement regional SBU specific pricing strategy in strong coordination with global SBU´s strategic pricing frame
- Develop SBU specific price setting approach aligned with Business / SBU Marketing
- Conduct discount policies across region in cooperation with business / sales
- Implement pricing approval matrix in line with global pricing platform launching plan. Take the responsibility as process owner and work closely with all pricing approvers to ensure smooth pricing strategy
- implementation into daily operations.
- Pricing Opportunities (30%)
- Identify margin leakage areas (low margin / negative pocket margin)
- Develop value selling and quantification concept with SBU Marketeers
- Oversee & manage implementation of agreed actions
- Analyses raw material development, impact on GP1 & recommend price actions
- Support tender process & scenario analysis
- Pricing Intelligence (30%)
- Monitor competitor pricing as far as possible
- Pricing power & pricing risks evaluation
- Stakeholders workshop & training
- Raw materials price fact sheet editorial (price increase / price defending)
- Prepare pricing argumentation support package for sales and partner with sales team in supporting the pricing negotiation/bidding activities.
- Other misc. (10%)
- Bachelor or above degree on Strategic Marketing, Business Analysis, Accounting, Economics related
- 3-5 years working experience in Chemical/Consumer is preferred. Other industries are also welcomed. Strategic consulting background is value added.
- Good at MS office, Tableau/Power BI, SAP
- Presentation/Negotiation/Convincing senior leaderships, Stakeholder Management Skills are critical
- Proficient in oral and written English communication skills
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Work with global business team, collaborate with cross function and regional team
- Diverse training for adhesive related business and technologies, good opportunities for self-learning
- Open career development opportunities within difference BUs and regions