China, Shanghai, Adhesive Technologies
Product Line Manager, Packaging China
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Manage the product line portfolio and lifecycle strategy across the Packaging steering unit with a focus on the key dimension of the Adhesives Packaging strategies.
- Facilitate introduction of New Products developed through our Innovation Teams key development programs.
- Drive programs to reduce product costs (raw material, operating, freight & warehousing, complexity reduction, reformulations) and to establish and attain target processing cost through collaboration with Purchasing, Operations, Supply Chain, Product Development, and the Packaging SBU, driving for optimum profitability for GCN product lines.
- Manage security of raw material supply and allocation of raw materials, as well participate in the monitoring and management of product margins (raws relative to pricing action) through collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Ultimate responsibility for product line maintenance and cost stewardship.
- Interact with the Packaging Adhesives Leadership Teams to ensure PLM activities are well aligned with business objectives within the region Manage the product roadmap and gain competitive advantage for long term success
- Manage the Packaging Adhesives business raw material Management of Change portfolio for alternate sourcing programs.
INDIVIDUALLY TASKS (TIME IN %)
- Cost of Goods Management (35%)
- Raw material crisis and production risk management (30%)
- Product lifecycle management (20%)
- Product portfolio strategy (10%)
- Complexity management (5%)
- Bachelor or higher in technical degree Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, etc. MBA is desirable.
- 3+ years Product Development or Technical Customer Service experience in the product line with knowledge of Hot Melt, Water based, and Polyurethane Adhesive technologies
- 2+ years commercial experience in target markets for the product line desirable
- Ability to prioritize/organize workload
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in LEAN capabilities desirable
- Ability to lead and influence to accomplish objectives through others
- Proficient with Henkel SAP and Data Warehouse systems
- Experienced with excel and data analytic tools such as Power BI, Tableau
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Exposure, networking, and influence with all key functions shaping our product portfolio and impacting profitability
- Work in fast paced global team, with direct regional collaboration with GCN Leadership, Product Development, Purchasing, Operations, Pricing and Marketing teams
- Excellent opportunity to gain visibility to our business Leadership, while influencing our bottom line