China, Shanghai-Zhangjiang, Adhesive Technologies
APP PD Chemist for PU technology
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If youâ€™re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Development and modification of Polyurethane adhesives and Polyester in flexible packaging application. Conduct lab synthesis, testing and evaluation work independently. Support on the new product scale-up production.
- Cooperation with APP business and AO teams to build up a center of competence in China. Performing lamination trials and evaluation of laminates.
- Cooperation with other departments/resources inside Henkel. Responsible for innovation projects and documentation necessary.
- Responsible for raw material optimization projects related to polyurethane adhesive and Polyester.
- Support on the localization of new formulations. In cooperation with production, purchasing, sales and global teams to further utilize the production plant and have more sourcing out of the region.
- Technical support of production in quality issues if required.
- Visit of customers for technical support and roll out new developments to figure out PD relevant focus and topics.
- Develop new product for APP PU technology, and share knowledge with other country and regions.
- Individual Tasks:
- To develop new Polyurethane adhesives and Polyester for new application. Product improvement for existed application and complexity reduction. 60%
- To work on raw material optimization project with purchasing, supply chain and production team 20%
- To solve customer request, deliver customer visit and test report externally and internally. To represent Henkel technically in customer visit independently and professionally. 10%
- To Maintain and update technical data on raw materials and finished goods in SAP 5%
- To follow company SHE lab policy 5%
- Fluent English
- Familiar with Windows and Microsoft Office basic operation
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.